Saturday, January 03, 2009

A Special Box on Day 15

I love it when I find a useful tool for a buck! :) Back when I was in school {lol, can't believe I can say that now}... when there were no computers or Internet {my kids cannot imagine how I lived like that!} and we went to the library, I loved that little stamp the librarian used to stamp my card inside my specially selected book so I would know when to return it. I remember when I helped out at the library and got to use that stamp. Making sure my date was right, turning the little dials just so.... Well, I found one of those stamps at the dollar store awhile back. My littlest loves to play with it. I thought it would work great to use on this page (on the tab) to incorporate the date. I simply stapled the tab on. This was a nice quick page, that mostly focused on the photo (all the journalling is on the back). It was a special box that arrived from Grandma & Grandpa Gray - there were wrapped packages & goodies, but what caught the most attention were these little Christmas bags that Grandma must have sewn & made.... you could feel the treasures inside. They each had a little wooden tag with a scripture verse {that fit each of us perfectly} and our names. The kids carefully put their bag under the tree to be opened later... it was a special box indeed!
.j.


No comments: