Tuesday, October 28, 2008

From one chick to another.

I sent this card out a few weeks ago to a friend. Penny Black has such adorable stamps -- I've got my eye on a few more -- need to write Santa a letter! I use the small slit punch to create the scallop edge. You simply cut a piece of cardstock just wide enough -- maybe 1.5" -- and starting at one edge, punch the slit.... move the punch over so that you catch the edge of the previous slit... and carry on down the strip of cardstock - make sense? Colors are Apricot Appeal, Almost Amethyst, Pretty in Pink & Gable Green. Love those soft subtles.
How's the prep for Halloween going? Do you have your goodies? Costumes all organized? Need to do all of the above still. Halloween isn't a big deal here -- kids obviously love the candy, but I personally hate the "holiday". My little one gets so scared with all those skulls & scary things... seems an odd thing to celebrate & hang on your door. However... I love the pumpkins, hay & all things fall -- and those little ones wobbling up to the door to say "trick-or-treat"... TOO CUTE!
.j.

No comments: