Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend is here.

My Saturday morning was a successful sleep-in! Ahhh. Love that. Something I look forward to all week and it's all dependent on children & today -- a success. It's going to be a good day! LOL. So is everyone getting prepared for your Thanksgiving feasts? We made the "menu" a few days ago & I'm looking forward to our holiday time together. It's just going to be us, our family of 5, and I think it'll be fantastic. Yes, we miss being with family (and MOM cooking the turkey!!) but we'll embark on a new adventure - my very *first* attempt at cooking a turkey! I've been reading books & I've got the bird defrosting as we speak in the refrigerator! We'll see how it goes! crossing my fingers!!
Well, I thought I'd leave you with our Thanksgiving Dessert for tomorrow....
COUNTRY SPICE PUDDING CAKE
One of those cakes with a built-in sauce. SO deeeeelish!
Pudding:
1 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
TO MAKE PUDDING:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a large shallow casserole (9x13 pan works good). Combine flour, baking powder, sugar cinnamon, salt & raisins. Stir in milk & vanilla. Spoon into dish. It will be thick. This is what rises and gives you the "cake". Don't worry about making it smooth & even.
Sauce:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cut butter
2 cups boiling water
1 tsp vanilla (or 1 TBSP. Rum)
TO MAKE SAUCE:
Combine all ingredients, except vanilla, and stir until butter is melted. Now stir in the vanilla. Pour sauce over pudding and bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nice easy, no fuss, warm dessert. :)

1 comment:

QuiltNut Creations said...

that looks delicious, thanx for sharing!

had a successful sleep-in morning here too-yay! have a great Thanksgiving Jen