Monday, October 06, 2008

moving thanks!!

It took me awhile to get my stamping stuff unpacked (admittedly, there's still more to do!), but I knew one of the first cards I needed to make were thank-you cards for all the guys that helped us move - we were gone already, house packed up, and we had seven friends {with muscles} go over to our place & pack the moving truck for us. Amazing! I have to stop sometimes and just say a prayer of thanks for all the great friends in our life! Now I say a prayer to find some here! LOL. I used the jumbo wheel "neighbourhood" for this card. Love that wheel. Cuttlebug also came out with this new embossing folder & I think it's perfect for those masculine cards! I pulled out my copics & got to work. TIME CONSUMING. Wrong card to make seven times over!! I hand drew in 'siding, planks & bricks. It was fun. I did notice that I don't like coloring on Stampin' Up!'s whisper white with my copics. It doesn't really {sink} into the fibers of the paper. I kept thinking it was me and my poor coloring technique, but then my last card I stamped using the Canson paper (made specifically for Copics) and the difference was AMAZING. So, now I know. I have come to realize I have a few favorite "must-have" pieces to my space:

(1) Cuttlebug. Use it on nearly all my cards! Weather it's the embossing folders, die cuts or nestibilities. I love this little machine.

(2) Centering ruler. Get one. You'll be so glad you spent the $4!

(3) Layer Ease. These rulers allow you to use your exacto knife and have a mat precisely 1/16" or 1/8" or whatever you choose. Must have for me.

(4) Good Black Ink. My favs are Brilliance Graphite Black & Stazon Jet Black.


K... there's a few. What are some of yours? Don't forget to mail out your On My Mind Card challenge!! :)))))

Enjoy your day,

.j.

No comments: