Monday, October 27, 2008

Hello Monday....

Finally got to the draw -- my little girl (who is fighting a yucky tummy flu bug) drew RHONDA aka QUILT NUT! :)))) So... send me your address (you can email it to me at jdgray94@shaw.ca) and I will get that little mulberry pack in the mail to you -- thanks everyone!
I have a bunch of photos to upload of cards I stamped a couple weeks ago, so hopefully I'll get those loaded up to share with you this week. Here's one of them:
I'm desperately trying to use up scraps! I have five bins (mini rubbermaids) labeled - Bold Brights, Rich Regals, Earth Elements, Soft Subtles & Neutrals. So before I cut into a fresh piece of cardstock, I *always* check in my bin first to see if I have a piece to use in there. Sometimes though I LIMIT myself to ONLY using bin pieces so I actually USE those pieces up. You know if you cannot put the lid on -- you need to use up!! So I started wth Elegant Eggplant as a base & ran that through Swiss Dots (name?) cuttlebug folder. I had a colored up image of giftiebella to work with, so I was able to draw colors from that to use up some pieces. The Happy Birthday greeting is actually a rub-on, not a stamp (wish it was a stamp, love that rub on!) I used a flower eyelet with two small circle eyelets to add a little balance to the card.
One more birthday card in the Card Keeper Case! Perfect! We sat today and wrote out so many cards for the mailbox tomorrow! Wow. School Photos arrived so we got busy writing notes & getting them all ready to mail out. It's a new week -- do you have a "just because" card or note ready to send out & make someone smile this week?! Mine goes out tomorrow, along with birthday cards & a couple of notes. You have a full week ahead of you - :)
Happy Monday,
.j.