Saturday, October 04, 2008

Who are you thinking about?

Do you ever have someone on your mind? For some reason they just keep slipping into your thoughts? I know I do. Often I stop & pray for this person as I wonder if the Lord has placed them on my mind & heart for a reason. But, why not take it one step further... send them a note & let them know just that -- hey, you're on my mind! Wouldn't that be an awesome card to receive? Thinking that someone has been thinking of you throughout the week, misses you or simply has appreciated you! Sweet!
So a Saturday Challenge for you -- if right now while you're reading this you're reminded of someone like that -- send them a card this week. Let me know if you did this by leaving a comment. See how many of us brighten up someone's day next week, shall we? :)
I made this card using a sketch challenge over on SCC (splitcoaststampers.com). If I'm ever stumped & need inspiration, I always head over to their sketch file & pick out a few sketches to try out -- LOVE it! I pulled out the Bali Breeze design paper. Thank-you Danita who helped me figure out WHAT this paper was called! I layered it with tempting turquoise & River Rock. I used the paper piercing template out of the mat pak (great buy, you need one of these!!) to put the little punches around the river rock layer. I also used both my straight square & scallop square nestibilities for the layer on the stamped image. I used one of my new stamp sets from Stampin' Up! called Pocket Silhouettes. It's a great little set of four. Here again I used white as a base for the card.
Enjoy your weekend!
.j.

4 comments:

Kimmer said...

I'm full of questions these days...what's mat pak?

I had the same thought as you yesterday. With toddler on my lap colouring on his piece of paper, I put together a "just because" card (and a prayer) to send to my brother.

kellycats said...

I absolutely LOVE this card. Can you tell me what nestabilites you used...small, large..etc...I have no idea about those things :)

Jennifer said...

Yes ... this card was made with the classic square nestibilitie & the scallop square (yes, two different sets!) - size large! I have the rectangle as well, but I use the square sooo much more. If I was to do it all again, I'd by the large square, large square scallop & now I've got the classic and scallop circle (think I went small with these ones). Just leave out the rectangle. They cost about $25 per set. Thanks Kelly :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

absolutely stunning!