Friday, October 17, 2008

Thoughts.

Friday has arrived. We've got a busy weekend ahead of us as my son starts hockey (for the first time) tomorrow. He is BEYOND excited. He even slept with the Canadian Tire Flyer dreaming about gear until he finally got out & got all suited up. So cute!

My younger brother is going through a rough time right now & that always weighs heavy on my heart. We're close. When he hurts, I hurt. *sigh*. I made this card with him in mind, so I think I'll send it off to him soon. I'm really trying to keep in touch now that we seem so far away from everyone. I took a close shot from above to show the top layer is popped out with dimensionals (also known as foam tape). It was one of those cards, that took forever to come together. Kept setting it aside. Admittedly I was trying to use up scraps on my table, but I think in the end I made it work....




This is still one of my favorite sets to date from Stampin' up! It was a hostess appreciation set (remember when they used to do that?!) The name has escaped me at the moment. I love how I can color the *solid* images with marker for a multi-colored image. I sort of kept adding until I was happy with it - a little ribbon, some brads, dimension, texture... it's all about playing with a card until you're happy with the end result. :)

Have a fantastic weekend!

.j.

No comments: